Posted on: October 31st, 2016
Job Location: Ottawa
Number of Positions: 2
Opportunity Closes on: 10 November 2016
Security Level Required: Secret Lvl II
The requirements are:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma from a recognized university or college.
- Fluent in English and French orally and in writing.
- Minimum of 10 years as a Senior Project Manager in an IT/IM environment OR PM specialist with 5+ years AND a recognized professional certification.
- Experience must have been acquired Government of Canada projects
- Minimum of five (5) years defining and documenting the scope, objectives and plans for IT transformation projects.
- minimum of five (5) years providing strategic guidance and recommendations to senior management on transformation initiatives.
- experience as a senior project manager/program manager leading multi-project initiatives within a pro-gram with a value over $2M and minimum project duration of greater than (>) one (1) year.
- Three (3) relevant IT client references where you worked as a Senior PM within the last fifteen (15) years. At least one reference must be from a federal or provincial government project. Projects must have a continuous (full-time equivalent) work effort duration of six (6) months or greater. One (1) of the client project references must involve the decommissioning and replacement of large legacy systems as part of a GoC IT Modernization project where you were responsible for leading the transition phase of the project (at least 6 months).
- Experience as a project manager in transformation projects providing guidance, recommendations and support in regards to Benefit Realization. Multiple project experience preferred. The cited projects must be of a duration of one (1) year or greater and the project budget must be greater than $1 million.
- Experience developing project/program communications strategies for stakeholder/client management and engagement.
- Experience developing risk strategies and plans (planning, identification, analysis, response and mitigation).
- Experience with projects of a minimum value of $1 million on business transformation that included the integration of COTS (commercial off the shelf) software into the Government of Canada technological landscape. Projects must be within the last 10 years and implementing one of the following COTS types:
- E learning tool
- Web Renewal
- Document and File management
- Case solutions
- Experience developing and implementing solutions in a shared services delivery model.
- One or more of the following project management certifications:
- MSP (Managing Successful Programmes)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- PgMP (Programme Management Professional)
- Other recognized project management professional certifications* (APM, IPMA)
• a complete overhaul of an organization’s information technology systems. It can involve changes to network architecture, hardware, software and how data is stored and accessed.
• creating a work environment in which the IT department and the CIO are not merely installing technology to support business processes but are also using technology to shape business strategy.
• using technology in new ways, where the result is a more efficient organization and an improved alignment between technology initiatives and business goals.
Benefit Realization is defined as the measurable improvement resulting from an outcome which is perceived as an advantage by a stakeholder.
Shared Services is defined as a service model designed to gain efficiencies in routine processing by leveraging common practices and enabling technology for multiple organizations.Additional Notes / Addendums
To Apply for this Position:
Submit your resume by Email